We are super excited for Friday. Sunday was a big day and things started falling into place. Procrastination can be a beautiful thing. Keep an eye out for some interviews hitting the pages this week to hear more about our process.
Don’t forget to get your tickets in advance. They’re selling quickly!!
SIFF Face the Music & Hothouse Present: The Maldives perform an original live score of The Winds
Friday June 7th
7:00pm (all ages-doors open at 6)
9:30pm (21+ -doors open at 9)
$16 adv /$18 dos
Seattle-based band the Maldives created an unforgettable evening in 2011 when they composed a live score to accompany the psychedelic western Riders of the Purple Sage. This year, they tackle the tumultuous romantic drama that informs the storyline of The Wind, a recently resurrected, 1928 classic starring silent screen siren Lillian Gish.
We have some other cool stuff coming up as well:
- 6/8 @ Caffe Mela (Wenatchee)
- The Maldives + The Blakes (and *Grizzled Mighty!) Summer tour
- 6/26 @ Secret Society (Portland)
- o 6/27 @ Nyne Bar Bistro (Spokane) *
- o 6/28 @ Neruolux (Boise)
- o 6/29 @ Stage 112 (Missoula)*
- NEW split 7” w/ Ken Stringfellow!!!
- 7/18 & 7/19 @ Adrift Hotel (Long Beach)
- 7/20 @ Mississippi Studios (Portland) –Sometimes a Great Notion Festival
- 8/10 @ Doe Bay
- 9/2 @ Bumbershoot Mural Stage